(Gluten Free, refined Sugar free)
PREP TIME: 120 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins TOTAL TIME: 130 mins
- 6 cups water
- ½ cup raw local honey
- ⅓ cup dried lavender
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice, strained
- Bring water and honey to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Gently crush the lavender in a mortar and pestle or in a bowl with a meat tenderizer. Add the crushed lavender to the pot then remove it from the heat.
- Cover, refrigerate, and steep for 2 hours.
- Strain the liquid through a fine mesh sieve. Stir in the lemon juice and serve over ice.
(I also heard you could use coconut water instead of water! Let me know if anyone tries it!)
Recipe adapted from-