(Gluten Free, Paleo,Vegan, Raw)
- 8-12 figs (black or green) stems trimmed
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips ( I use Vegan GMO free Chocolate chips)
- 4 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt to sprinkle on
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Combine chocolate and oil in a small pot on medium/low heat until melted with stirring constantly to not burn. You can also you a double boiler.
- Dip bottoms of each fig in a little chocolate to coat it and set on baking sheet. Working with one at a time, dip skewers in about 1 1/2 inch into chocolate and pierce the tip of the fig with chocolate dipped stick.
- Chill figs until the sticks are adhere to figs (20 minutes).
- Reheat the chocolate, take one fig off the paper and re-dip all but the tip third into chocolate letting excess drip off. Return fig to lined baking sheet and sprinkle chocolate with salt. Repeat with remaining figs.
- Chill figs until chocolate hardens 10-15 minutes more.
Found this amazing recipe in Sunset magazine September 2015 issue.